Hohner Canada is seeking to hire a Petrophysicist. This is a full time permanent position for 40 hours a week at a wage rate of $45.37 per hour. The successful candidate must have relevant university degree and minimum of 10 years experience.Hohner is located at 5536 Regional Road 81 in Beamsville, Ontario, L0R 1B3.
QR Code Link to This Post
The purpose of the Petrophysicist is to evaluate subsurface well information utilizing wireline or LWD data, Electric Logs, Cores, and Mudlogs, for the identification and quantification of hydrocarbons. Petrophysicists provide porosity, water saturation, reservoir thickness, net to gross, permeability, hydrocarbon properties, mineralogy, and geomechanical properties to team geologists, geophysicists, and reservoir engineers. Petrophysicists are involved in software development to provide the right formula and algorithms for the whole process of evaluation tool. Experience in software development, Machine Learning and Big Data is beneficial. Keeping with current technology and using proven methods for quantifying resource is necessary. The position also requires an understanding of common Data Warehouse architecture, design, development, and deployment of Business Intelligence systems.
Job Duties are described below:
• Design logging programs for onshore and offshore reservoir systems, maximizing data acquisition. Software proficiency in Interactive Petrophysics (IP) is requiredHigh level of SQL language proficiency with common database platforms, such as SQL Server and Oracle, is mandatory.
• Provide real time well log analysis during drilling operations for team members.
• Work in integrated teams and have the ability to interact effectively with geoscientists, software and drilling engineers.
• Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
• Potential to work upon the development and programming team including use of oil and gas industry instrumentation such as NI LabView. Mobile/Tablet platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux). Web applications (e.g. Java, C#, Spring, Maven, etc). Verification and testing of software.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team, you will review advanced gas equipment and controller system, have a detailed understanding of rig operations, mud gas system, and advanced cutting analysis for petrophysical integrationand software workflow..
• Function in a leadership-based role, mentoring and training less experienced colleagues, and providing structured training as required.
Apply by show contact info